Come Work With Us!
Kromet is a leading producer of decorative and functional aluminum products that consumers see and use every single day. Our products can be found your home, where you work, in your car, and almost everywhere you go!
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Maintenance Manager's focus is the optimal functioning of all equipment and machinery in the plant.
The Maintenance Manager has control of the repairs budget and is responsible for delegating tasks to the Maintenance team to ensure they are completed for operational effectiveness.
This role will oversee the Maintenance team and facilitate development and training as required and provide coaching and feedback to their direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leader of the Maintenance Area
- Maintain production facility and equipment
- Deploy maintenance staff as required for repairs
- Develop, implement and enforce preventative maintenance programs
- Ensure emergency situations responded to in a rapid manner
- Control of maintenance and repairs budget
- Ensure spending maintained within budget levels
- Maintain detailed communication with appropriate staff on status of maintenance budget and develop approval requests for any overages
- Assist in development of capital expenditure requests as required
- Demonstrate and promote company values
- Assist with new equipment installations
- Ensures equipment asset lifespan is tracked and timing of replacements included in 3 year capital plan and associated long term strategies
- Responsible to mitigate and reduce equipment downtime according to agreed KPIs
- Monitor and ensure maintenance department staffing levels are met and future growth planned for including succession within the department
- Monitor effectiveness of Preventative Maintenance Program and look for continuous improvement opportunities ensuring program is kept up to date
- Responsible to ensure parts inventory and stock levels are maintained in accordance to production levels including long term parts planning
Coach to Direct Reports
- Development of maintenance staff
- Request training as required
- Performance assessment and ongoing management of maintenance staff
- Deployment of staff to minimize any overtime hours
- Meet regularly with direct reports to provide coaching and feedback
- Meet regularly with Operations to inform on all aspects of areas of responsibilities
- Develop and review personal plan ensuring that it includes goals that support the key initiatives of the organization as well as personal development goals
- Completion of Business Plan initiatives
- Participation as part of Operations Management Team
- Regular contribution to management team
- Informal daily and formal weekly communication with Operations regarding job responsibilities, status of key projects, etc.
- Class A millwright or Electrician (Preferred)
- Personal value set the corresponds to company values
- Grade 12 education or equivalent - Minimum
- Computer Skills – Proficient in MS Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills / team orientation
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a related field
- Management experience and leading teams
- Programming or technologist background considered an asset
To apply please send your application to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.