Come Work With Us!
Kromet is a leading producer of decorative and functional aluminum products that consumers see and use every single day. Our products can be found your home, where you work, in your car, and almost everywhere you go!
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 a year
Kromet International Inc is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Hamilton, Ontario.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing Kromet International Incorporated manufacturing process capability.
This involves training colleagues, designing the factory layout, and assisting in developing production lines.
The person will work closely with the supporting department to ensure that the product is designed for manufacturability.
The successful candidate is an experienced manufacturing engineer and an expert in lean manufacturing and is a training resource for the other staff in the department
so that the team collectively outputs high quality work on a timely basis. The person with the support of the production team is accountable for all material flow through the plant,
plant layout and equipment selection, plant hygiene and safety and documenting the assembly procedures, “as build” serial production and quality records.
The person is responsible to feed-back recommendations for engineering changes to continuously improve processes.
The manufacturing engineer will be responsible for the development of the production process using DFM strategies, the creation of tooling jigs and fixtures as well as the assembly and
commissioning of new assembly lines and training of the production team as the company grows.
The person is also responsible for developing practical solutions to mechanical and engineering problems that may arise during technology and product development in a timely manner.
They will be involved at all design review stages, by reviewing designs during development to ensure suitability & ease for manufacture, assembly, test, and supportability in the field,
as well as attending relevant Design Review meetings.
- Creation of tooling jigs and fixtures as well as the assembly and commissioning of new assembly lines
- To continuously drive improvements, ensuring that equipment is manufactured cost effectively to the required quality standard and to the project time-lines.
Be proactive in continually reviewing and implementing improved processes to ensure the most efficient working methods are employed through the implementation of LEAN tools and techniques
- Develop / maintain Standard Work Instruction for all production processes
- Explore and develop methods, tools and processes for manufacturing parts and components for different scales of production
- Work with sub-contractors to provide support and ensure timely delivery of contracted goods and services
- Develop and maintain a Bill of Process for assembly of the product tracking current production costs and identifying process and design improvements that will reduce cost
- Provide technical support for manufacturing plants in machine troubleshooting, fabrication techniques, including cutting, punching, welding and painting
- Establish structure, controls and methods are in place for the introduction of new and existing designs of complex electromechanical assembly of the cell from development to production
- Prepare and maintain production documentation, including “as-built” mechanical drawings, BOMs, time and motion analysis reports, assembly and test procedures and manuals
- DFM:work in parallel with the designers to ensure design is optimized for manufacturing
- Experience in creating and maintaining PFMEA and Control Plans
- Creation and maintenance of assembly work instructions and Standard Operation Procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong sense of team and community
- Self-motivated, willingness to take ownership and compete
- Maintain a balanced healthy lifestyle
- Adhere to standards that are based on the ISO 9002 Quality System
Health & Safety:
- Participate in the Company’s Health & Safety, Housekeeping and Environmental programs
- Interaction with all levels in the organization, and outside vendors, services
Skills, Experience and Education:
- University or College degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment (unionized experience an asset)
- Fully experienced in all versions of Windows, Visual Manufacturing, etc.
- Working experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience using SOLIDWORKS to interpret and create drawings/designs.
- Familiar with ERP systems
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Knowledge of Ergonomics and CSA Standards is an asset
- Solid proven problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude as asset.
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
To apply please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.