Come Work With Us!
Kromet is a leading producer of decorative and functional aluminum products that consumers see and use every single day. Our products can be found your home, where you work, in your car, and almost everywhere you go!
Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Salary: $55,000-$70,000 / year
Occupational health and safety specialists review, evaluate and monitor health, safety and environmental hazards and develop strategies to
prevent, control and eliminate accidents and occupational injuries. They inspect the workplace environments, equipment and practices to ensure
compliance with organization and government environment, health and safety standards and regulations.
- Lead and participate in workplace audits and investigations of safety concerns, incidents and accidents
- Lead and participate in workplace inspections to ensure that equipment, materials and production processes do not present a
safety or health hazard to employees
- Develop and implement health and safety programs, including standard operating procedures, policies and training to mitigate
risk, optimize worker’s health and safety and foster a positive occupational health and safety culture
- Initiate enforcement procedures on workplaces contravening organization and government health and safety standards and regulations
- Provide training to employers, employees on issues of workplace safety
- Communicate, engage and influence decision-makers and workers to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Manage WSIB and Return to wok claims.
- Act as primary contact for Ministry of Labour visits in coordination with Human Resources.
- Lead Joint Health and Safety Committee including facilitating meetings and recording minutes.
- Communicate to promote awareness, motivation and commitment among occupational health and safety and environment
workers to improve the culture of prevention.
- Use performance indicators to assess the effectiveness of the steps taken.
- Develop and implement sustainability plans: Responsible for developing and implementing sustainability plans that
align with the organization's or community's goals and values. They will also oversee the implementation process and help lead it, reviewing it after it's complete to find areas for improvement.
- Complete Customer Required Documentation: Responsible for accurately completing the required documentation from customers,
uploading this information to customer supplier portals, storing these documents in Kromet’s controlled document management system.
Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Completion of Health and Safety program at college or university level
- 3 years experience in a Health and Safety role in a unionized manufacturing environment
- Familiar with current government health and safety related legislation
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
To apply please send your application to: email@example.com