Come Work With Us!
Kromet is a leading producer of decorative and functional aluminum products that consumers see and use every single day. Our products can be found your home, where you work, in your car, and almost everywhere you go!
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 per year
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and dotted line to the Director of Materials, this role will support the Maintenance and Production teams to provide
procurement, administrative assistance ensuring all maintenance related activities have the resources required to work in conjunction with the Company’s
health and safety protocols and in achieving its productivity targets.
Integrated with the Maintenance team, and taking a hands-on approach, your primary function is to manage/integrate a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) application to help drive an efficient and
effective Maintenance Department.
- Implement, organize and manage inventory of spare parts, develop an inventory of critical spares at Kromet sites.
- Support procurement activities and support site maintenance teams.
- Manage list of approved vendors, negotiate pricing, delivery, payment terms, etc.
- Ensure library of Technical Manuals, Spare Parts Catalogs and Machine Schematics are kept up to date.
- Maintain a catalog of physical assets, ensuring new and existing assets are setup and tracked to end of service life.
- Work with Maintenance team to develop preventative maintenance routines, including creation of PM Tasks, PM scheduling and coordinating these to keep backlog to a minimum.
- Ensure contract renewals for outside contractors required for building, equipment and grounds maintenance are in place annually.
- Work with all stake holders to assist in coordinating planned maintenance or turn-around maintenance within the facility.
- Provide analysis to Management to make informed decisions regarding asset replacement or upgrading, budgeting, etc.
- Provide input and be involved with Lean Manufacturing activities, provide administrative support for new and ongoing Kaisen and 5S initiatives.
- Provide administrative support to Health and Safety to develop and maintain documents and related instructions.
- 1-3yrs experience working in an administrative role directly or indirectly with a maintenance department in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in procurement of materials and/or services
- Post-secondary education in office administration
- OSSD or equivalent (Secondary School Diploma)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organised
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Keen attention to detail and drive for continuous improvement
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in an industrial environment
These qualifications would be considered an asset:
- Hands on experience using a CMMS application.
- Post-Secondary education in Maintenance Administration.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Experience using ISO 9001 QMS.
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
To apply please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org