Come Work With Us!
Kromet is a leading producer of decorative and functional aluminum products that consumers see and use every single day. Our products can be found your home, where you work, in your car, and almost everywhere you go!
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: 8 hour shift, Overtime, Weekend Availability, Afternoon Shift, Day Shift
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 per year
Kromet International Inc. manufactures finished metal components and assemblies for the Appliance, Furniture, Automotive, Urban Transit and LED Lighting marketplaces.
We are currently looking for a motivated and experienced Production Supervisor to join our team in Cambridge! We offer competitive wages,
benefits and opportunities to build your skills in the industry.
Effectively supervise a production group to ensure the employees are safe while quality products are manufactured in an efficient way using the tools and resources available.
- Build and foster a performance-based culture focused on Safety, Quality Delivery and Cost Reductions.
- Develop employees skills and succession plans through coaching and training to support business needs.
- Develop and maintain employee relations on a professional respectable level.
- Ensure production deadlines are met and fulfilled as required.
- Schedule production employees in accordance with customer orders.
- Collaborate and coordinate with subsequent departments as necessary to meet customer demands.
- Anticipate and react to potential production interruptions and aid in recovery to minimize production loss.
- Work on continuous improvement initiatives in respective department.
- Coordinate with maintenance department any maintenance requests on machines.
- Support and participate in the development and testing of new products with production engineering department as necessary.
- Ensure all processes and programs are based on the ISO 9002 Quality System, where applicable.
- Inspect/ensure that finished product meets customer requirements and are built to print.
- Work with Quality department on improving customer relations.
- Work on continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality and quantity of all product lines.
Health & Safety:
- To participate in the Company’s Health & Safety, Housekeeping and Environmental programs.
- Ensure all internal safety policies and legislation are followed as part of Due Diligence.
- Monitor any injuries, and complete paperwork as required.
- Participate in workplace inspections on monthly basis as required.
- Perform accident investigations within time lines specified by company policies.
- Report on recommendations from H&S Committee within time lines established by team.
- Attend all safety training as required.
- Must have working knowledge of all safety legislation and follow all safety policies.
- Ensure all employees follow company’s health and safety policies and procedures and report all violations.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Minimum grade 12 education, post secondary education.
- Minimum 5 years experience in as a production supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing with proven results.
- Must be flexible/available for all shifts.
- Fully experienced in common office software suits, timekeeping and manufacturing systems.
- Fluency in verbal and written communication skills is required.
All staff is expected to be flexible in terms of providing support and backup for functions outside of their job description and for working outside their normal working
hours/location when necessary. Must be willing to work all shifts (days, afternoons and nights). Instances of overtime will be required on weekends to support manufacturing business needs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from
the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and
requirements of the job change.
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
To apply please send your application to: email@example.com